Friday 27 July 2007

#37 - HP7 Midnight Release

We had thought of going early to be near the front of the line and to participate in everything that was happening, but the weather was dismal and we didn't feel like sitting in it for 3 hours, so we left home at 11, walked to the High Street and joined the queue, which grew alarmingly after we had joined it. We had our books and were home again and reading by 1am, so I'm glad with the decision. Not many people were dressed up, but these guys, near the front of the line, looked quite cool and were happy to have a chat about the books (and then relieve me of some of my SPEW badges).

cool costumes


I didn't actually get a photo of myself or of the massive pile of books in the store - I'd forgotten to take my big flash and I was getting annoyed with my camera in the low light without a tripod and only the on-camera flash so I'd put it away. I'm considering putting the costume back on to stage a photo so you can see what I wore, but it wasn't anything super exciting - all stuff I already owned. Though I did get quite a few compliments on my awesome cloak (that I've had for over 10 years).

No comments: