Thursday 8 February 2007

My List

The Big Things
These probably belong at the end of the list, since that’s likely when they'll happen, but I guess they fit here as eventual goals…
1 Have a baby Pretty self explanatory
2 Move back to Oz As in, Australia, although the Emerald City would be cool too
3 Buy a house Probably won't happen til #2 does, but you never know
4 Make a will With the house and the baby, it just makes sense, right?
5 Reach 1001 blog posts on purple8.blogspot.com. Maybe not a major achievement for some, but it will probably take the full 1001 days, considering my sporadic posting. That, or you will be reading a lot more about my mundane everyday life… either way. I'm currently at about 60.

Things with/for the ones I love
6 Celebrate 5th wedding anniversary on 12 April 2008. And I mean by doing something extra special. Not sure what that entails yet, but it is over a year away...
7 Sisters-only weekend away with Elizabeth, obviously. This kind of relies on us living in the same country again, but she reckons she's moving here so it should be do-able.
8 Hang out with Josh for a day, afternoon, whatever, just the two of us - doing something fun would be a bonus. And in the same vein...
9 Hang out with Chris… paintball would be fun, although there may be too many extras that try to follow us there...
10 Take Mum to see Phantom of the Opera on London's West End (and dad can come too :) ). Gotta get them here first though...
11 Spend a day with Dad in an art gallery
12 Contact someone I haven't seen this century Yeah, I thought it sounded cool worded like that - basically I wanna get in touch with someone I haven't seen or heard from in a long time.
13 Meet someone that I only know online Because I never have.
14 Send out Christmas cards, preferably handmade and at least once, but in 2007 AND 2008 would be good.
15 Make a birthday list and recognise each and every one of them for at least a year

Things that make me a better person
16 Jog for 30 minutes a day for 2 weeks because I want to be fitter
17 (be able to) Buy and wear a nice pair of size X jeans (size X is a size smaller than my current favourite pair of jeans) Not that I think thinner people are better people, I just want to lose a little bit (more) weight to FEEL better.
18 Go to the dentist because I really do need to and I hate the dentist and maybe having it on my list will make me do it before I end up having another emergency visit for a crazy wisdom tooth.
19 Give Blood because its been too long since I did.
20 Volunteer for 50 hours doing something I enjoy, preferably.
21 Complete 20 RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness) for people I know or complete strangers.
22 Handwrite a letter every month and, most importantly, post it
23 Go a month without swearing. Have a swear jar. The problem with teaching teenagers from rough backgrounds is you start to speak like them...
24 Find a church to attend in London Kind of a hard one to quantify/measure, especially since we are only actually in London 2 Sundays out of 3 at best, but I will consider it a success if we go back to the same church more than 6 times over 3 months.
25 Take a course for fun something that I don't have to do but just choose to. I like learning :)

Things on my computer
26 Redesign blog so it is unique to me because if I am going to be posting more, I'd like it to look different from every second blog out there.
27 Finish a video game all the way through Usually, I play them for awhile, hit a hard level or get bored and give up...
28 Clean up my iTunes library - delete junk, fix wrecked files, name things so they're easy to find
29 Create 5 x 60 minute iTunes playlists with different styles/themes so they suit different moods. At least one for running to.
30 Make a website in html, as in, write the html myself and don't just use a wysiwyg editor thing.

Things with books
31 Read The Message from start to finish that's a modern adaptation of the Bible
32 Read every one of Australia's Favourite Books from the ABC booklist. I looked at lots of lists - this was the one I liked the look of best.
33 Read 3 new-to-me Shakespeare plays and understand them.
34 Get 10 personal book recommendations from people who know me and read them. If you wanna make a suggestion, let me know...
35 Find a good local library and join it
36 Sign up at bookcrossing.com - release a book
37 Go to a midnight release party for HP7 possibly in costume, definitely wearing something related.
38 Illustrate a scene from each HP book trying not to be too influenced by the films and drawing it the way I see it in my head.
39 Write and illustrate a children's book because it'd be fun more than anything.
40 Fill my art journal with creativity I have a fat-as A4 art journal that is currently empty. That needs to change.

Things to watch
41 Watch the last 50 Oscar Best Picture winners I'm saying since 1956, which I guess by the end of this will mean I've watched more than 50, but whatever.
42 Watch all the DVDs we own but have never seen There are about 25 of them… that’s a lot...
43 Watch 5 of my favourite films with the commentary on because that’s part of the reason you buy them on dvd, right, to get all the extras? I like to see what the people who made the movie say/think.
44 Watch every episode of Scrubs in order I LOVE this show, but keep seeing the same episodes repeated and all jumbled up. I now own the first 3 seasons on dvd and want to watch them as they were meant to be seen (and ad free, bonus)
45 See every episode of Will and Grace because somewhere along the line I missed a big chunk of the plot and couldn't jump back in.

Things to create
46 Make a quilt to show off patches I collect patches, like the embroidered, iron-on kind, when we visit places. I've not actually done anything with them though and I thought a quilt would be cool.
47 Design and make a complete outfit from scratch, for myself.
48 Embroider some tea-towels, specifically the ones that came with my sublime stitching stitch-it kit that I haven't actually used yet.
49 Knit a pair of socks because I never have
50 Paint a landscape on location
51 Paint a portrait
52 Identify and photograph 101 things that make me happy
53 Complete at least one "day-in-the-life" photo series
54 Take at least one photo every day for a month
55 Complete a 26 things photo scavenger hunt
56 Submit to jpg magazine
57 Scrapbook 2006 adventures
58 Scrapbook 2007 adventures
59 Scrapbook 2008 adventures
60 Finish Wedding album
61 Sell a photo, or, even better, be paid to take one
62 Get up super early in summer to take photos in London I think it would be cool to go into the city and take photos as it wakes up...
63 Support other crafters - buy 5 handmade things
64 Replace the pictures around our house with our own we have lots of pictures around our house, but since we are renting a furnished flat, they're not our pictures… yet.
65 Start my own business, selling my own creations

The rest of the list was compiled with help from Graeme, considering they are mostly things we will do together.

Things to see (UK)
66 Visit Bath It’s the main place left in England that I want to visit but haven't
67 Go to Land's End since we've already been to the other extreme of the UK
68 Spend a day in the National Gallery, London because even though its close and free I haven't been yet
69 Visit Monkey World there's a show on animal planet called Monkey Business that’s about this place and I've wanted to go there for years
70 Visit 2 of the Tate galleries
71 Spend one day every season in Hyde Park/Ken. Gardens - reading, taking photos of the changing seasons, whatever
72 Go to the Edinburgh military tattoo - hopefully we can get some tickets… it sells out fast
73 Go to the local Farmers' Market, mainly to see if we can get better produce than we've found so far
74 Go to The Championships at Wimbledon (definitely one of Graeme's additions)
75 Drive around Ireland & Northern Ireland to complete our adventure in the British Isles

Things to see (further away)
76 Visit my aunt in Spain who I haven't seen for years and years. It would be cool to do this with other family members too.
77 See the Sistine chapel
78 Touch the wall in Berlin
79 Go to Gallipoli
80 See the Northern Lights
81 Explore Pompeii - I loved studying this in history at high school
82 See tulips in the Netherlands
83 Go to Christmas markets in continental Europe
84 Go somewhere in Eastern Europe again
85 See the pyramids in Egypt
86 See a show on Broadway
87 Visit 6 US States
88 Go to a Disney theme park specific destination intentionally left a bit vague, because we haven't decided
89 Stopover on a syd<->lon flight for at least a night
90 Set foot on every continent in the world which, if we do everything else on this list basically only leaves South America

Things to do
91 Build a life-size snowman
92 Iceskate on an outdoor rink
93 Learn to snowboard or at least take the lessons, even if I don't achieve too much in terms of staying upright :)
94 Touch an elephant that'd be awesome
95 Watch the sun rise over the ocean
96 Watch the sun set over the ocean
97 Go to a filming of a TV show
98 Go to a professional sporting event in 5 different countries extra bonus points if they're different sports
99 See a live concert of a band/performer I love
100 Buy a nice map and mark with pins the places I've been
101 Make a new list of 101 things for the next 1001 days

1 comment:

Aryn said...

I'm not sure if I ever read your list before now!

It's a good one. I'm adding you to my blog feeds so I can keep up with you!